David Beckham: Former Manchester United star to face full court hearing for using mobile phone while driving Bentley in London

David Beckham: Former Manchester United star to face full court hearing for using mobile phone while driving Bentley in London
Football icon David Beckham will face a full court hearing for driving his Bentley while using his mobile phone in London.Beckham, 43, admitted to using the device while driving on Great Portland Street, having been spotted by a member of the public on November 21st.Beckham’s next hearing will be held at an open court2
Beckham’s next hearing will be held at an open court
His case was considered at Bromley Magistrates Court on Tuesday, through an administrative process known as a single justice procedure, which is not open to the press or public.The procedure was introduced across England and Wales in 2015 as a means of freeing up court time by allowing magistrates to quickly deal with low-level offences which do not warrant prison sentences.But the hearing was adjourned to Lavender Hill Magistrates Court on April 17 “to show cause”.

LIVE on talkSPORT

There are eight live commentaries across the talkSPORT network this week. Find out what they are and where to hear them, below...
  • Germany vs Serbia (Wednesday) – talkSPORT 2
  • Kazakhstan vs Scotland (Thursday) – talkSPORT 2
  • England vs Czech Republic (Friday) – talkSPORT
  • Walsall vs Barnsley (Saturday) – talkSPORT 2
  • Shrewsbury vs Portsmouth (Saturday) – talkSPORT 2
  • Gibraltar vs Republic of Ireland (Saturday) – talkSPORT 2
  • San Marino vs Scotland (Sunday) – talkSPORT 2
  • Netherlands vs Germany (Sunday) – talkSPORT 2
A member of court staff said: “The magistrates requested more information – either the circumstances in which it happened or they think they don’t have enough information about the charge to make an informed decision.”The next hearing will be held in open court, she said.The magistrate has the power to impose six penalty points and a 200 fine for the charge of using a mobile while driving.Scotland Yard on Monday said the father-of-four had pleaded guilty by post.Beckham avoided a speeding prosecution in 2018 on a technicality2
Beckham avoided a speeding prosecution in 2018 on a technicality
Two months before he was reported for the offence, Beckham was criticised after avoiding prosecution on a speeding charge because of a technicality.Enlisting the services of celebrity lawyer Nick Freeman, who is dubbed “Mr Loophole”, Beckham accepted he drove a loaned Bentley at 59mph in a 40mph zone in west London in January last year.But he did not face further action because a notice of intended prosecution (NIP) was not received until one day after the statutory 14-day time limit. Joshua Harris, director of campaigns for Brake, said it was “hugely disappointing” to see the role model “shirking his responsibility and getting off a speeding prosecution on a mere technicality”.Beckham was sent another NIP for the latest incident and was charged on February 5, according to court staff who were unable to access details of a plea.Mr Freeman also assisted Beckham in overturning an eight-month driving ban in 1999 after arguing that the footballer was trying to escape a paparazzi photographer.

VAR has caused some controversy in the global game

Chelse loanee Tiemoue Bakayoko has admitted it his 'dream' to stay at AC Milan - casting doubt over his future at the west London club. The France international struggled for form at Chelsea.



Liverpool right-back Trent Alexander-Arnold withdraws from the England squad for their upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers because of a back injury. Gareth Southgate with a 22-man squad. England
Trent Alexander-Arnold out of England Euro 2020 qualifiers

Jonas Olsson has been critical of Klopp’s celebration

Championship table: How standings in the second-tier could change after Gameweek 45 by: 161385360554578 — Talk Sport 26 Apr We're at the business end of the season and we're set for a thrilling finale in the Championship - and that's before the play-offs!
Championship table: How standings in the second-tier could

Alexandre Lacazette and Arsenal face Everton this afternoon

Alfredo Morelos has signed a one-year contract extension with Rangers, the Scottish Premiership club have confirmed.. The striker has agreed to a new deal that will run until the end of the 2022
Morelos extends Rangers deal amid Dortmund, Leicester rumours

Graham Mackrell denies breaching safety regulations prior to the 1989 disaster

Premier League round-up: Huddersfield's relegated confirmed, Manchester City go top again, Manchester United rise to fourth Written by: fpnews Posted on: March 30, 2019 Following a weekend of international football, the Premier League made a return and as always, it produced some riveting games.
Premier League round-up: Huddersfield's relegated confirmed

Niko Kovac is under increasing pressure at Bayern Munich

Roy Keane blasts Man Utd flops and says Mourinho 'doesn't trust his players' Former Red Devils captain was a guest on Sky Sports Super Sunday ahead of United's game against Liverpool By John
Roy Keane says Mourinho isn't only to blame for Man United's

It has not been a good week for Scottish football
West Ham transfer window gossip: Five midfielders Hammers

Time could be up for Sarri

Tottenham and Liverpool will battle it out for domestic football's most coveted prize when they meet in the Champions League. final on Saturday.. After the two clubs staged dramatic semi-final comebacks to get to Madrid, both will feel like their name is on the trophy.
Tottenham vs Liverpool: talkSPORT writers predict who will

Grealish was knocked above the eye by the trophy as he lifted it alongside Chester

Arsenal have been dealt a fresh blow in their hunt for a new sporting director after Marc Overmars signed a new long-term contract with Ajax on Monday afternoon. The Gunners were hoping to appoint
Arsenal dealt further sporting director blow as Overmars

Laurent Koscielny was forced off with a calf problem
England Under-21s: Who was in the team? Who do they play for

6. Paul Ince goes from hero to zero after Man United pic

'The racist agenda against Sterling is clear,' says talkSPORT host Adrian Durham The events have refocused the spotlight on racism in football and particularly in the English game.
'The racist agenda against Raheem Sterling is clear,' says



Manchester United v Arsenal ; Unai Emery will leave Old Trafford knowing that his Arsenal side could have got much more than a 2-2 draw against Alexandre Lacazette. However, for the second
People Who Think Alexandre Lacazette's Goal Should Have

David De Gea held up his hand when he walkked off at half-time

Chelsea to decide Maurizio Sarri future TODAY with London talks over Juventus target MAURIZIO SARRI's agent Fali Ramadani will have talks with Chelsea's top brass in London today to thrash out
Mauricio Pochettino to Chelsea: How Blues could line-up if

Liverpool have covered plenty of ground this season, with Mohamed Salah leading the charge

Jovic assumed a key job in Bundesliga side Frankfurt's raced to the Europa League semi-finals before they were thumped out by Chelsea in a punishment shoot-out at Stamford Bridge. He scored 27 objectives in 48 appearances in all rivalries for Frankfurt last season, incorporating 10 in the Europa League.
Eden Hazard, Luka Jovic and the Europa League Team of the

Paul Pogba and Man United take on Huddersfield today

Maurizio Sarri refused to shake hands with Pep Guardiola following Chelsea's 6-0 hammering at Manchester City. The Blues were taken apart at the Etihad Stadium on Sunday with Sergio Aguero
Chelsea boss Sarri refuses to shake Guardiola's hand after

Posting Komentar

0 Komentar